12.9.13

Meet My Daughter Sarah


Hi! My name's Sarah and I'm 9 years old. I will be celebrating my 10th birthday at the end of this month. I was born in Kansas and I grow up there until I was 6. I took ballet and cheer  and I have always loved arts and crafts and music. I liked being with my Grandma and Grandpa and also my 6 cousins while we lived in Kansas. 

My Mom's side of the family (Lenker Family Portrait)

We moved to Everett, WA (In the Seattle area) in 2009 with my Dad, who is an artist. My Mom and Dad tried to get back together after 7 years apart. 

   My Dad, Mom and Me before we left for WA - Me at the Space Needle on my 7th Birthday!

Downtown Seattle Plaza - Plaza Chess
 My Mom taught me how to play - Chess is cool!

I was enrolled into a local Catholic elementary school for 1st grade and I liked it, It was a fun school!


Well, after about one semester I was having some issues with my behavior, and I was expelled from the program. Meanwhile, things at home were getting pretty rocky, and I suppose that wasn't helping things at school! My parents were fighting, because of money issues and my Dad started drinking all the time and got abusive, and they had to separate (they were already divorced at this time).


Me singing a song (Age 8): "I'm On My Own" From Angelina Ballerina

After my Dad moved out my Mom and I kept busy trying to heal from the traumatic experience. I continued in school, and my Mom met some new friends that helped us out during the difficult situation. I started attending ice skating lessons downtown at the large ice rink! I really enjoyed it, and loved spending time on the ice with my Mom and exploring the outdoors together!

Ice Skating Christmas Eve 2011 (CA)

Basics 2 Ice Skating Lesson 2010 - Everett, WA

Eventually, after some time passed we moved from Everett, WA to Southern California. It was  quite a change in weather! Mom also started home schooling me. We tried a program through the computer, called K12.com. But, it was too fast paced - and I had a hard time keeping up with the material. My Mom found out about another form of homeschooling called Unschooling, and that is what we have been doing for the past year. 

Museum of Natural History of LA County


La Brea Tar Pit Museum - La Brea, CA
I'm excited about my Mom's idea to start world schooling me, and to see the world and meet new friends! I'm especially excited because my Mom said we could visit PARIS! I am in love with Paris ever since I read the Fancy Nancy books, and I am in LOVE with fashion design. I'm excited to try an official Parisian crepe or fruit tart, and maybe even get to see a real fashion show! I also love drawing anime and I have included a video of some examples of my current work. 
I think it would be fun to teach other kids how to draw!


Thank you for taking the time to read my story! 
I look forward to our journey's and getting to know you all better. 

Please comment below telling me where YOU are from,
  I can't wait to have you as my new friend!


2 comments:

A wonderful post! I love you, Sarah! very much!

gramma :)

Great job, Sarah! I'm going to share this with my 8-year-old son - maybe he can start blogging like you!

Post a Comment

We love our readers comments! Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More